AB Dick T-head affects feed?

maskidder

I run an AB Duck 9810 with a T-head. Since the T-head usually has black on it, a few times I've tried running a black job on just it with the parent press in night latch. The feed is always even more of a nightmare than usual when I try this. It doesn't seem like this should affect the air, vacuum, and gripper, but it obviously does. Can anyone explain why?

Shouldn't affect the feed - other than the fact you can't see what's going on properly because the T Head is in the way.

You may find it useful to swing the T Head away, get the press feeding properly, then put the T Head on again. It's a pain in the ass, but T Heads are a pain in the ass in general. I've always hated them.

hang a blank plate on the main press and pretend you are running 2 color. unless you are dumping a lot of water on the blanket your feeding isnt affected by just running the t-head

Printing using only the T-51 should not affect the feed at all. If the T-51 was set up properly, the press master cylinder will be locked out when it's operational control handle is in the night-latch position. This avoids the need to use a blank plate per "Old Guy's" suggestion. If the lockout is not functioning, you will need to do that as the image will transfer to the 9810's master cylinder.

It sounds like you are having feed problems without that only get worse when the t-head is used. The T-51 is a notorious water drippier. That is why it comes with a catch trey that sides beneath the water system. Fountain Solution dripping on the paper as it is fed is the only thing I can think of that might affect the feed. Air, vacuum, impression cylinder grippers and the buckle adjustment are the most common areas that cause feed trouble. There are other possibilities, but check those first.

The T-51 manual is an excellent resource. It contains the procedure for everything T-51. Good Luck.

tomtech

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back