Achieving Guilloche lines with AGFA ApogeeX 7 and Avalon Platesetter

lantern

Hi. First time caller, long time listener.
Can you achieve guilloche lines with AGFA ApogeeX 7 and an Avalon Platesetter? Need to do some security printing. If so, how? If not, what do I need to add to my set-up?
Thanks!

Hi. First time caller, long time listener.
Can you achieve guilloche lines with AGFA ApogeeX 7 and an Avalon Platesetter? Need to do some security printing. If so, how? If not, what do I need to add to my set-up?
Thanks!

Do a simple resolution test. One way is to create a series of concentric circles in PShop in bitmap mode where the outline that forms the circles is one pixel wide at the dpi of your CtP (e.g. 2400 dpi). The largest outer circle should be 1/2 an inch and the smallest about 1/32" Duplicate this and invert so that you also have a negative version. You could also try with lines that are two pixels wide instead of one.

Image to plate and see if the lines are complete (no gaps). If that works then you CtP is possibly capable. Put the plate on press and print (you could use the offcut area of a live job to test on press). Did the lines print clear and completely? Then your press may be capable.

Best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back