Acrobat 9

suzyb1078

I am having issues with Acrobat 9. I will work in the program and I may have a few documents open. Sometimes when I go to close a file it will completely shut down my Acrobat. Anyone else have any stability issues with Acrobat 9?

Troubleshooting Acrobat 9 issues

Troubleshooting Acrobat 9 issues

I am having issues with Acrobat 9. I will work in the program and I may have a few documents open. Sometimes when I go to close a file it will completely shut down my Acrobat. Anyone else have any stability issues with Acrobat 9?

-- please share the following;

Platform ?
OS ?
Acrobat 9 - what ? (Reader, Standard, Pro, Pro Extended ?)
Acrobat Version 9 .0.?
What Plug-ins (besides the ones that install with Adobes installer)
Have you tried repair (Under the Help menu) ?
Have you visited the Adobe web site --> Troubleshoot system errors or freezes (Acrobat 9 Standard, Pro and Pro Extended on Windows XP)

This should get you started.

Hope this helps.

Acrobat 9 will open each file in a separate window. Are you choosing "close" or "exit" when you want to close a document? Close will close just that window, but exit will exit the program and close all of your windows.

Occam's razor

Occam's razor

Acrobat 9 will open each file in a separate window. Are you choosing "close" or "exit" when you want to close a document? Close will close just that window, but exit will exit the program and close all of your windows.

Wow, sheesh - I never thought about the idea that Suzy might be doing that - but i just tried that (I assume you mean the type of 'exit' when I click over the red box with the gray "x" near the most upper right corner of the window - as opposed to the smaller x below that...

this does not shut down Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional nor will that shut down Adobe Acrobat Reader - it just closes the document (I am on Vista x64) and also tried this using Acrobat standard (on "normal" Vista) if you have multiple documents open, it just closes that document

Perhaps this is different on a Macintosh ?

Clicking the "X" in the corner only closes the window. File-Close vs File-Exit. I just selected Exit and all four of my files (in separate windows) closed. Not what I wanted to do right now with my project, but in the interest of accurate reporting I sacrificed myself. Adobe made a change to the windows version from 8 to 9 in that windows users no longer have the option to set the application to open multiple pdf files in one window. With Acrobat 9 it now works on Windows more similar to that of a mac.

Clicking the "X" in the corner only closes the window. File-Close vs File-Exit. I just selected Exit and all four of my files (in separate windows) closed. Not what I wanted to do right now with my project, but in the interest of accurate reporting I sacrificed myself. Adobe made a change to the windows version from 8 to 9 in that windows users no longer have the option to set the application to open multiple pdf files in one window. With Acrobat 9 it now works on Windows more similar to that of a mac.

Actually, Adobe changed Acrobat to match the guidelines for both the Windows platform (Vista and later) as well as Mac OS X platform...

If you have a problem with it - check with MSFT....

Leonard

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back