Acrobat XI Output Preview & Forms

bradr

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of installing Adobe CC on our MACs which includes Acrobat XI. We have noticed that when using Output Preview and zoom in to a certain area to check percentages of colors, we see all zeroes or the readings do not change at all. When we zoom out to a smaller viewing size, the readings are working just fine. We're using the default settings in the Output Preview box.

The second thing we noticed is when filling out forms that there is a hesitation between the person typing and what appears on the screen. It seems that the screen is always lagging, especially when tabbing to another cell which results in some of the type not showing up or ending up in the wrong cell.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

We are in the process of installing Adobe CC on our MACs which includes Acrobat XI. We have noticed that when using Output Preview and zoom in to a certain area to check percentages of colors, we see all zeroes or the readings do not change at all. When we zoom out to a smaller viewing size, the readings are working just fine. We're using the default settings in the Output Preview box.

The second thing we noticed is when filling out forms that there is a hesitation between the person typing and what appears on the screen. It seems that the screen is always lagging, especially when tabbing to another cell which results in some of the type not showing up or ending up in the wrong cell.

Assuming you are on the Mac, these seems like known issues that have either already been addressed in the current update (11.0.3) or will be handled in a forthcoming update.

Hi Leonard,

Yes we are Mac based and have updated to Acrobat 11.0.3. We are still having the same issues after the 11.0.3 update. Glad to hear that the issues are being looked into. Is there any time frame on when the next update will be issued?

Thank you

Hi Leonard,

Just checking back to see if there is anything going on with these issues. Still having the same problems after upgrading to 11.0.3. Will they be fixed in the next update and approximately when will that be?

Thank you

I have updated to 11.0.4 and zoomed in to max is working fine with Output Preview.
Form, I am not sure, it does look like it is lagging behind little bit but I am not sure how it was lagging before.
You might try this 11.0.4 update and see for yourself.

Sorry it took me a while to reply, but wanted to test 11.0.4 and make sure how it was working. We are still experiencing the same issues. Typing is still lagging. We are still seeing zeroes or the percentages don't change when zooming in to check percentage of colors. The readings seem OK until you zoom into 1600% or over. What is really strange is that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I also checked a file where I zoomed in and some areas would read just fine, but other areas would be wrong. Hopefully the next update will fix this bug.

Thank you

You might be onto something here, it looks like bug was not fixed 100%.
I am getting various cut offs, sometimes at 4300% sometimes at 5440%, etc.. on various files.
Perhaps it is combination of file and machine performance that decides at which point it will stop showing you percentage?
As far as I can remember, we did not have that issue on Acrobat X and earlier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back