adobe cc 2014 update

I have both installed right now and have been using CC 2014 for almost a week now with no issue. After a while I generally remove programs I do not use to free up space and clutter.

It is not something I am imagining I will have to do as I keep old and new till I am sure I am ok with the new. It was more a question to see if it was possible to back track and get the installers or instal the older version. I have done tests for people in a virtual system to see if things work, or to help problem solve a glitch and see if I can reproduce. It is not a huge thing, but it is something I am curious about to see if we can go back if we really wanted to.

I am still using CC on all 5 of our machines and have been able to also install CC 2014 on 2 of them, wasn't bothered until I started getting files I could not open cause they were created in a newer version. Now I'm pissed because customers are all updating as it is free if CC already used but I still have to pay same subscription and cannot have access to new features or open files saved as CC 2014.

I am still using CC on all 5 of our machines and have been able to also install CC 2014 on 2 of them, wasn't bothered until I started getting files I could not open cause they were created in a newer version. Now I'm pissed because customers are all updating as it is free if CC already used but I still have to pay same subscription and cannot have access to new features or open files saved as CC 2014.

I am confused, if you are paying for a CC subscription, you can get the updates and can then open up the customer files. Why can't you put 2014 on your computer?

I have installed Adobe CC on 5 Macs 2of them run 10.7 the others are still on 10.6 because of other software, CC 2014 will not install on 10.6 and CC will not open files saved as CC 2014.

I have installed Adobe CC on 5 Macs 2of them run 10.7 the others are still on 10.6 because of other software, CC 2014 will not install on 10.6 and CC will not open files saved as CC 2014.

Well it is a newer version and that has been pretty standard as far back as I can remember. You can save the files as an .IDML so it is backwards compatible.

Turn off all Internet Security programs running on your computer and then try again. I have to do that whenever I update/download using the Adobe Creative Cloud program.

JB

What jbackus4 said. Also, if your Mac's internet connecction is configured to go through a proxy, I would try bypassing the proxy temporarily.

update cycles out of control

update cycles out of control

Yes, since updates are now free (with subscription) and almost automatic for Adobe apps, it has intensified the upgrade cycles for users. Previously there was a good lag time between introduction of a new version and wide adoption among designers and other users. That enabled everyone to catch up with system and hardware updates in the prepress industry.
Now users quickly adopt updates more quickly, intensifying even more the needs in our industry to keep up with the developers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back