I've uninstalled software and removed shared components
Reinstalled software (no change)
Software updates performed
Fonts moved out of system folder
Trashed preferences
Repaired disk permissions (Mac)
Deactivated software
Reinstalled software (no change)

Even worse, after the last go-around, InDesign would not accept my CS2 s/n as proof of prior ownership!

I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall the software this morning.

What else can I do? Ideas anyone?

Don't know if this will help. I had Indesign CS3 (Mac, OS 10.4) start hanging on startup at the "Executing Startup Services" phase. after a lot of messing around with various utilities, it all came down to one font. after the font was disabled, all was good.

steve

Thanks, folks! I got really busy yesterday and finally got back to this "project."

I uninstalled the CS3 suite again and reinstalled it. Only this time, I performed another "repair disk permissions" and a "verify disk" and now the suite fires up and works fine. However, I still have the issue with the serial number not being recognized. Might be as simple as calling Adobe and asking for help. Calling is the simple part! lol

CS4 is functioning perfectly. It's just that we need to be able to open client's native CS3 files and work on them, so when we're done, we can package our final print files for them.

Eight days left on my CS3 "trial!" lol

Success! Finally! I called Adobe support and explained what I did. They basically had me confirm my CS3 product serial number, customer ID, name and address, then activated my software via the Internet. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone, but it was a relatively simple procedure.

Go Adobe! ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back