Adobe reader vs Acrobat output difference from same file

acacia print

Hi, Our problem is that if we open a PDF in Adobe reader it displays the file at the correct size but when it prints (on our Canon C1+) it comes out 2.5% smaller than it should. However if we open it up in Adobe acrobat it views and prints at 100%. It is a big problem as if you dont pick up the subtle size change you end up printing a whole lot of digital work only to find it has to be thrown out and to start all over again...costly and dangerous especially as the C1 is not a fast press so time managment of jobs is critical.

The version that we have of Adobe Reader is the latest, Adobe Reader "X" 10.1.4. No further upgrades are available, at least that is what it is saying when we check..

Al, your a genius. Sometimes the best answers are the simplest. I will look at that. I am still curius as to why it has a different output. But if I remove it then that ends it there and then. Thanks

I have removed it and now all our PDF's are opening normally in Adobe Accrobat. So we should be fine. We were also having issues with trying to designate PDF's to open only in Accrobat via our system set up to no avail, so this has also been fixed as well as avoiding the printing of the files in the wrong size. A two for one fix. Thanks.

The two applications may have different page setups or different print margins for the same media size, or different enlarge/reduce to fit settings in the print dialog, or...

Al

Yes I was wondering if thee was some subtle difference some where... I guess I cant check now as I have removed it. Alls well that ends well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back