Adobe vs Heidelberg

motormount

Out of plain curiosity,and knowing that is like comparing mitsubishi to yahoo,which company would you consider bigger ?

Thanks in advance!

ps. in wikipedia the adobe figures are the latest (2013) while heidelbergs dates to 2011 -with 130 million euros profit that year-

Last edited:
Mitsubishi is not a single company. It's a group of autonomous companies that share the name for marketing purposes. Based on Wikipedia, As a whole, Mitsubishi's profit in 2010 was $7.2 billion.

Size is a relative thing - in market cap values Adobe has a market cap of 32 billion dollars and Heidelberg has a market cap of 617.9 billion.

To put it in comparison . . .

Apples mkt cap is 583.5 billion and Exxon Mobile has a market cap of 390.1 billion

I got these figures from Etrade . . .

Thanks dabob,i searched for ''net woth'' and found Adobe's -and some others- but couldn't find Heidelbergs.

It should be obvious that there could be no comparison for a company like heidelberg,producing steel machinery and holding 50% of its market to a much younger writing software,but it's easy to get confused on the internet,adobe's everywhere here while all you hear about heidelberg -and other offset print vendors- is shrinking or shutting down...

Size is a relative thing - in market cap values Adobe has a market cap of 32 billion dollars and Heidelberg has a market cap of 617.9 billion.

To put it in comparison . . .

Apples mkt cap is 583.5 billion and Exxon Mobile has a market cap of 390.1 billion

I got these figures from Etrade . . .

correction

HEIDELBERGER DRUCKMASCHINEN AG ADR - trading over the counter - mkt cap 813 million
NOT 617 billion as I reported before . . my baddddd

was re-reading it and realized that Apple has the largest market cap in the world so heidelberg couldn't be biggger . . .

So,Adobe's estimated worth is four times bigger than heidelberg's ? !

-bare numbers can be misleading,600 billions is like netherlands GDP and we can read such numbers and believe them without even questioning them...-

And how can someone say between actual worth of a company and market hype,500 billions is Apple's cap,how's that possible!

Is there a fund that could and would actually pay such money for a company?

-maybe i'd better stick with my prepress and photography chores,i'm already having a hard time keeping up with these,and keep away from things reaching the sphere of supernatural ...-

Market Cap is determined by the # of shares outstanding times the price per share. A while back there was a thread here about the problems Heidelberg was having with its share price. You will note that the Heidelberg is trading OTC (Over the Counter) which means it's not listed on any major exchange. Right now it's trading at a $1.90 a share - late in 2010 it was somewhere north of $8.00 a share. Just to compare Apple stock is up $1.42 a share today . . . :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back