Advanced grayscale options in Onyx

jonkovach

I am creating a new media in Onyx, and going through the calibration process. I've always done an advanced grayscale, but never really explored the options. I print everything to HP 5500s and Z6100s, and the media that I am creating here is on the z6100 using the internal spectrophotometer.

My goal is to get as neutral of a gray as possible, without sacrificing resolution... i.e. I don't really want a peppered look just to get a neutral gray... however, if that "peppered" look is only in the grays... maybe I could live with that.... depends on how fine the grain is!

Anyhow, I attached a screenshot of the options, and how I have it set up. Is this the best way to do it? Actually, if anyone could explain exactly what all these options mean, that would help!

Thanks,
Jon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back