AE10- how to select tiffs not wanted to delete? Way to overwrite tiffs in location?

destryer

I'm new to Esko AE10 and I looking for some tips when using copy/move and markfile to overwrite previous existing tiffs- not to append _c001 to the file name? The choices are Error task or append name and that seems bizarre not to have overwrite in a location as a choice.
Second question, is there a way in AE10 to have tasks select the inverse of what you want to keep and then use delete? I'm familiar with Agfa Apogee and this was the SOP. Overwrite, append, error were the choices available.
Thanks in advance.

I'm new to Esko AE10 and I looking for some tips when using copy/move and markfile to overwrite previous existing tiffs- not to append _c001 to the file name? The choices are Error task or append name and that seems bizarre not to have overwrite in a location as a choice.
Second question, is there a way in AE10 to have tasks select the inverse of what you want to keep and then use delete? I'm familiar with Agfa Apogee and this was the SOP. Overwrite, append, error were the choices available.
Thanks in advance.

Try using the Select, second option allows you to build a filename from Smartnames/wildcards, then use Delete. I'm running AE12, so I'm not sure if that option is available with Select in AE10 (think it is...).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back