AGFA AVALON CTP

Davey

Hi,

We currently have an X45 running the P970 and are looking to purchase a Avalon N820 Series CTP, running with the Amigo plate.

We were going to look at the Azura but we need a UV compatible plate that we can bake.

Has anyone got this setup?

We are running 1200-1800 plates a month with runs up to 100,000 but mainly run to 20,000 - 40,000.

Are the plates hard wearing?

Do they bake well and what sort of runs have you had out of them?

Any Quality issues?

Is the Avalon a stable platform?

I would appreciate any views or advise on this

Thanks D.

Re: AGFA AVALON CTP

HighWater has a CtP solution for you. We have systems that image from a 2 up application up to a 8 up. Our plates are rated for 250,000 impressions and are UV Compatible.

What plate size do you require?

Thanks Don
North America Sales Manager
HighWater Design
[email protected]

I think the Avalon N series is actually a Screen device and not an actual Agfa design.
The Amigo plate is a slower plate than the P970, meaning that you can't make as many per hour as you can P970. This may be a non-issue since the Avalons are probably twice as fast as the X45 anyway.
I don't know about the N820 machines, but, since it's a Screen device, I'd say they are pretty stable, at least as good, if not better than the X45.
The Amigo bakes well and holds up well on press. We have runs up to 1 million baked with no problems, and have run up to a half million unbaked on good paper.
We have run up to 240 line screens without problems.

Sorry for my delay but...

We have 2 Avalons, installed September last year. We went from an Excalibur running P970s to the Avalon running Amigo plates and all has been great so far. We don't bake the Amigo Plates, we make a second set of plates for any job over 200,000 impressions. We haven't had any major issues so far.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back