Altering duct profiles for CPC 1-04

Bob Onn

Does anyone have a manual or can anybody explain how ink profiles from a CIP3 file can be altered on a 1998 speedmaster 102?

What are you wanting to do? Are the profiles setting the keys so that the density is either always too light or too heavy?

I worked on a 93 model and I don't know if they made any changes. We were working with tapes from a plate scanner, but maybe the process is the same. On your console, you should see functions listed in black and in blue. To use the blue ones, you need to press the Function button and then press the button with the blue function description. There should be a blue function about profiles, I think. I haven't worked on the press in 9 months and it's a feature we quit using once our plate scanner died about 5 years ago. Anyway, once you press the Function button and the button for profiles, the number display should flash and then you can increase or decrease the profiles by a percentage by using the plus/minus buttons. I think you can pick the individual colors as well. Once you do this, it will be maintained in the console memory and all future profiles will be increased or decreased by that amount. I can't guarantee this because it's been 5 years since I did this. But anyway, you make the modification to how the press reads the information rather than making a change to the output from your graphics center or plateroom.

A work around would be to read in your profiles, then preset the fountains before you ink up, increase the ink keys by percentage and then save the current key settings back into memory.

One thing that I learned to do was I did not use the pre-inking function on the console. I got better first pull results by maxing out all the ink keys, maxing out the ductor and then having the unit duct 7 times. Then I would preset the ink fountains and pull up. But maybe the pre-inking got better on the newer Heidi's.

Hopefully someone will chime in to correct any mistakes I made.

Hi

I think the CPC is a different version. It used a plate scanner originally and we used to have a press similar to yours but on the 98 model if we go into the compensation screen we have a graph with two trend lines. These can be increased or decreased based upon how the press pre-inks etc. Our problem is that we have two lines "Z1 (30)" and "Z2(70)" both can be adjusted, but I would like to know exactly what they do.

Bob,

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you get an answer outside this site,could you post the information here? IF (the BIG if) I ever get on a newer Heidelberg, that information would be useful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back