An experiment in Lean?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
Toronto printers where are you.

Toronto printers where are you.

This would be for any small printer in the Toronto area.

An interesting experiment in Lean would be to do some testing of the Ink Transfer Blade (ITB) concept on a unit of one of your small presses.

The ITB eliminates the density variation of ink/water balance by decoupling the interaction of ink feed and water feed. Basically this means that even if one changes the water setting, the density will not change. Can not be washed out. The density will also not change if the press speed changes or the roller train temperature changes.

I'll build you a unit at my cost for you to test as long as you make the test results public. If there are any curious printers in Toronto, who are keen on seeing how the process can be changed, you can contact me at [email protected] .

Erik

Just renewing my offer again.

I am still looking for an interested small printer in the Toronto area.

Any science minded printers out there that are curious in finding out how the process can be improved and maybe have the opportunity to change their process to be more consistent?

Erik
[email protected]

An interesting experiment in Lean would be to do some testing of the Ink Transfer Blade (ITB) concept on a unit of one of your small presses.

The ITB eliminates the density variation of ink/water balance by decoupling the interaction of ink feed and water feed. Basically this means that even if one changes the water setting, the density will not change. Can not be washed out. The density will also not change if the press speed changes or the roller train temperature changes.

I'll build you a unit at my cost for you to test as long as you make the test results public. If there are any curious printers in Toronto, who are keen on seeing how the process can be changed, you can contact me at [email protected] .

Erik

Just renewing my offer again.

Any science minded printers out there that are curious in finding out how the process can be improved and maybe have the opportunity to change their process to be more consistent?

Erik
[email protected]

Erik

Graphics Canada is in Toronto shortly. That's got to put some printers in a future innovative state of mind.

Erik
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back