Answering the Customer

Cory Smith

096-Answering-the-Customer.png

Definitely true.

I tried explaining to someone the fact he was sending over amended PDF single pages for a 200p book that were output completely differently from each other was a bad idea.

EG. Some CMYK some CMYK+Spots, not using a common standard. I explained tat he should send me the whole thing over instead either as one file or adhere to a set standard. He also didn't want to hear about PDF/X etc as they had done it this way for years, they do this thing 140 times a year and they are a 'big' agency blah blah blah.

He saw this as time wasting as he would have to reproof the whole 200 pages instead of just approving 5. Who cares that when the books were printed that the amended 5 pages look completely different to each other and the original 195 pages.

He wasn't happy with me.

I guess we can all recognize ourselves in this role.
Sometimes it is very frustrating, however there are times that you have to deal with client that you want sales to handle it, in those cases from my experience, let the sales deal with clients, that is their specialty and you will save yourself couple of grey hairs for sure.

It's hard to stay within a customers understanding and not push buttons at the same time. They have no idea what your talking about.

I've been printing all my life and some tech guys on here blow me away too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back