Antivirus update!

motormount

Hi all,

Our antivirus will run out in a couple of days.

We used AVG on the prinect server but we had some conflicts after the 2011 prinect update and we deactivated it.

Teck's told me that Heidelberg does not officially recommends a particular software and suggested that gdata should be allright!

It's a poweredge 2900,windows server 2008 R2 OS,running the 11 version,if there is someone with same-or similar-set up i'd really like to hear what antivirus they use and if they are ok with it.

-Funny thing is AVG runs on the meta workstation as well-a poweredge sc1430/windows server 2008 R2- without any problems.-

Thanks in advance! :)

So Heidelberg sells you a server and the software that runs on the server. But they can't (won't) tell you what AV systems they have tested for capability?

I suspect that testing for compatibility may not be in Heidelberg's software pre-release procedures.

I suspect i wasn't clear enough.

Since i'm not a native speaker,this might be a language problem,so please let me rephrase.

I would like to hear from prinect 2011 users,which antivirus software they run and if they are facing any problems with it.

Even better if their setup is similar to mine.

Answers like:''AVG works fine for me'',''had some problems with karpesky too'' and the similar will be gladly accepted,as they come.

Answers regarding heidelberg's r&d are ok too,but i must point out that i have very little interest if heidi test's for compatibility or not,or why i did not get a clear answer from our tech.

Having that in mind dear chevalier,i would much appreciate you being helpful instead of suspicious and since-i've seen in other posts of yours-you are a prinect user as well tell me what av software you use.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am using a legacy version of Prinect in conjunction with Symantec End Point. I've worked at other installs that used AVG in the past.

Sometimes you'll want to exclude specific directories that an prepress app is using. That should be ok as long as it's protecting where system files are.

Greg

chevalier thanks,i had no problems with previous versions.

Greq,for me that would be a trial'n error situation till i figure out which directory conflicts and exclude it,that for a number of reasons i really can't go into.

Thank's both for your time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back