Any suggestions

madjock

This is a bit of an ongoing problem as it has happened in other shops I have worked in, anyway the problem is with the water pan on our Heidelberg's, as far as I can see it is too close to the oscillating damp roller, and after a short time the gap is bridged with ink, which then just pulls more ink of the grained roller, which then pulls the insulating foam off of the water pan, and in turn polishes the graining off the roller and causes it to hold less water.
This has happened on every unit on every press in our shop, and sometimes, when using a heavy gloss varnish, the build up has been across the entire length of the roller and the varnish has started to flow in to the water pan.
I can't see how this can be remedied as the water pan has to go back in a precise position located in two slots, so there is not really any scope for moving it around, or further away from the offending roller, so does anyone have a solution for this, or do we just have to keep on taking the pans out, cleaning them and re-gluing the foam back on ad infinitum.

Trim about a 1/4 inch of your insulation off the top of the back side of the water pan this should give you more clearance between grain roller and pan. Or you can re-insulate your pan with a thinner insulation. We have had the same problem before as well but no more.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back