9995 with chiller toning wierdly

Skyishere

First off my wife bought the business she worked at for 12 years. In that time 5 of those years the previous owner had me run abdick duplicators with plastic plates 9810 models. Now he never used the 9995 and I had a former pressman thst retired come in to help me get this 9995 running. It was sitting idel for more than 12 years. Off pressure and just dorment. We started the rehab, with new ink train rollers (all of then soft ones from forms to ductor. Very pricy but it's a fair ammount of rollers) replaced meter roller (another 250) due to it was no longer straight accross too. And we forgot to order a water form.

So here is the issue 3 different solutions and many many combinations of those and nothing kept it from toning left of center only. Went through originaly and did ALL the nip on the rollers back to spec. And all the form to plate as well. It got worse now tones up in less than 50 envelopes with a less than 2 inch square of impression. Only using one color.

We also changed the blankets.

Using Braden sutphin pdi inks, and using a reducer to reduce the tack and also tried without.

What we have done now is order a new water form for head 1. Head 2 was left unchanged at first.

Could this be a a bad water form? Also the water form inks up to match the toning stripe (2 inches wide), we did flip all the in forms and rollers to see if it made a difference, and it still tones the same spot.

Toning is not in the same place as the impression. It is in a place we are not adding ink.

So no matter what toning stays left of center.

Now am I on the right track to think water form at this point?

Rechecked all nips and forms to plate. All good. Even tried what another user said to back the ink form to plate off a bit. And it took a bit longer at first to tone be still the same toning.

again this happens with 3 different solutions for the water.

Today:
Pulled head 1 water form, ends were swolen, pulled head two water form, looks better than head 1. Installed the used water form from head 2 into head one and adjusted nips and set ink forms back to specs (since I backed them off previously) this time it was a bear to get the nip to water form roller close enough.

I just printed 750 no toning and good color.

So is it safe to assume I needed a new water form roller?

We already ordered, but once this is all working, we will have to do the same on head two.

I should add this machine has a counter of 209184 x10. And looks in decent shape otherwise.

Also I should say I know nothing about this other than what I learned running the abdick 9810 machines.

I am going on solutions that were sugestions by others.

So anyone with a good understanding of what fountain solution I should be investing in tell me.

No Title

Toning example yes it's upside down on purpose

Attachments

• photo6083.jpg
    photo6083.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
Hello you mentioned using reducer in the ink had similar toning on 25” Solna and of course reflex blue my ink salesman was also a chemist and told me to clean everything up and and water resistant varnish to the ink (not a lot) it’s counter intuitive but the fountain solution was emulsifing the ink it worked
Ted Lavin Artificer Press

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back