Anyone else use numbering software like Number Press or the like

Sorry for the cross-post, I posted this in the wrong sub-forum ... it makes more sense for me to post it here. [h=2]I recently picked up a new client and I will have a lot of numbering to do. I came across a few titles like http://www.numberingstar.com and http://www.numberpress.com and http://auto-number.com and I am wondering if anyone can vouch for any of these titles. [/h] Auto-Number is sure cheap ($15-$30!), but looks very dated. Numbering Star has some nifty features, but Number Press out of all of them does look quite a bit more modern and robust.

Are there any other titles out there that I should look at? Or can anyone give any perspective on the titles I mentioned above? I'd like to square away my numbering solution soon. My client's first job is due in about a week.

Thanks!

We use numbering star and works well for us. Been using it for quite a few years now and is flexible and easy to get to grips with.

We use Number Press, we are all digital, works great, really beats numbering one at a time, also great if you have NCR to print.

Hi all, I have settled on Number Press. It seems to be the best option out there in terms of functionality and power. I had a question and their support got back to me in minutes!

It only took a few minutes to set up and number the job with Number Press.

Thank you everyone for your input! I remember not too long ago when my father owned the shop how he use to do the numbering one by one with the mechanical numbering machines.

I use EasyNumber. I think it is $35, works well for digital stuff and simple numbering:
http://projects.gerryscuppatea.org/E...ing/index.html

Think it is honour policy for payment, so you can try before you buy.

Been using this for years, unlike other programs that only allow down to 1mm movements you can move the numbers by .75, .5, .1 etc and also rotate the numbers independent of each other. But it seems he's no longer working on the program as it hasn't been updated for like 10 years :( still works well for now

Been using this for years, unlike other programs that only allow down to 1mm movements you can move the numbers by .75, .5, .1 etc and also rotate the numbers independent of each other. But it seems he's no longer working on the program as it hasn't been updated for like 10 years :( still works well for now

Yes there have been no new updates. I am sure it is only a matter of time when it is no longer compatible with a Mac OS update. One of the first apps I check for compatibility before doing an update.

Why would you not just use InDesign Data merge?

Not sure how I would use data merge to number it properly so it is cut in proper piles. Maybe it can be done, just never used it that way. EasyNumbering and software like it make numbering very simple and easy.

Not sure how I would use data merge to number it properly so it is cut in proper piles. Maybe it can be done, just never used it that way. EasyNumbering and software like it make numbering very simple and easy.

I only use digital presses, the imposition software on our fiery controller has a preset that takes care of that.

I only use digital presses, the imposition software on our fiery controller has a preset that takes care of that.

I only use our numbering software for digital. We do have the Fiery Imposition will have to take a look and see if it is there. Though I do prefer using my own imposition software then the Fiery one. Whatever works in the end.

Yes, it can be done if you prep the numbers in excel first but believe me, you really, really don't want to bother with that.

Yes, it can be done if you prep the numbers in excel first but believe me, you really, really don't want to bother with that.

I agree. That would be so much work for multiple positions and increments and repeats. I have been using Number Press for a few days and have already done a few jobs with it. It takes me only a couple minutes to set up a job.

We also do web work and use Coda to maintain websites for clients. It's designed from the ground up for its purpose of uploading, downloading, and easily editing files. Apps like Coda and Number Press are worth every penny. I learned a long time ago it is worth getting the right tool for the job.

We use "Easy Numbering" V2.3, works well for us and was only $35 when we purchased it. I just looked it up and it's now $45 for version 3.3... still a good value.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back