Anyone have experience with a Rosback 880 perfect binder?

Hey, thanks in advance for any thoughts.

We have an opportunity to buy one of these machines pretty cheap, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. In particular we are wondering how reliable they are, if you have any trouble finding parts, rough cost per book, and any other noteworthy tidbits you might have.

Thanks again.

We've had a Rosback 880 (?) PB running for roughly 30+ years. Aside from having the grinding blade sharpened, I haven't seen it serviced in the 20 years I've been in the same building. .
We don't do a ton of Perfect Binding, but have been a trade bindery for 30+ years.
The cycle time on the machine is about 30 seconds per. We prefer two operators, but it can very easily be operated by one.
(We do have two rubber bands on the machine fwiw.)

We have one that's old as a dinosaur, but it still runs. I had to replace the brushes and such and the blade grinder, but that costs us less than a hundred and it's back up and running no problem!! Rosback still carries a lot of the parts for it>

We have been selling The Rosback perfect binder for over 40 years. However, if you are looking for a machine that is more economical, has automatic set up, and can bind thicker books, take a look at our Sterling Digibinder:

spielassociates.com/perfect-binders.html

David Spiel
Spiel Associates, Inc.
45-01 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11101
718-392-7900
[email protected]
www.spielassociates.com

We have the "older" Rosback 880, (Big black button) and we bind thousands of books trimerstrally. It is a veritable tank. If the machine is used, you might need to look at some adjustments. But keep the chains, rollers and gears lubed and it will run forever. Also, the folks at Rosback are THE BEST. The tech guys can help you fix anything wrong with their eyes closed. We had to adjust ours recently so the second glue roller was suficiently lower than the first (don't know how it got out of adjustment). Right now we are applying a nice, thick layer of glue that you can't rip apart. Cycle time is 10 seconds max with 2 people. I wouldn't be afraid of purchasing it. Bill

Hey, I appreciate the info. have you had any experience with a bourg or other perfect binder? If you were going to give someone advice who was looking for a used perfect binder, which would you suggest?

Do the techs help fix it for free or are there fees involved? Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back