Anyone know where to buy pre-made vector designs with a counter display book?

My business does a large number of walk in designs for customer wanting full color business cards, postcards etc. These customers are shocked when we tell them that a $50 fee will be added to the printing for the custom design. Does anyone know where I can purchase Vector design templates with a counter display for customers to select from?

We get the same complaints from people too, especially from women who have professionally manicured fingernails! You could always make your own from generic clip art.

Tell them you'd be glad to use their own print-ready files.

Designing is not free and even picking from templates can be a time-consuming approval process.

They just always have something to complain about. It would be nice to just say fine look at this book and pick exactly for a discounted design fee. I have heard from some other people who frequent the trade shows that templates do exist just trying to find out where I can find them with a book.

Has to do with clientele at out location and what they can afford. Not as much how the price is presented.

Well, maybe you could consider giving them what they're willing to pay for. Instead of vector art for business cards, give them raster graphics. There's tons of raster-based free business card templates for download off the web. Just a Google away.

best, gordon p

Creating the display book is the problem. Was hoping a company could do that for me. Even if its raster artwork I just need that sample book. People just like to touch things IDK why.

Try this website- StockLayouts® Graphic Designs: Brochure, Flyer & Newsletter Templates!

We've used them once for a business card for a hair stylist and another time for a pizza restaurant menu. They also have counter cards with pictures of some sample layouts organized by industry.

But stick to your pricing! We give customers three options- A ton of money for a high quality custom layout that'll knock your sock off, a little bit of money for a very nice customized template, or we'll eat some ink and s#!t on the paper for free.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's guys I think what I am really looking for just doesn't exist. Just have to stick to the way we do it now. You want custom you have to pay!!

So what you want is a like binder with all the templates in it? So customers can browse?
I don't know of any that sell that, but you could make one yourself.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back