Anyone use Production House and having these issues?

slush11

My Windows PC just asked me to restart to complete some updates and when I did, there were a bunch of changes to production house too. I always use the Layout tool so that is where I am seeing changes.
1. There is no more "grid" on the 96x48" layout preview.
2. Once I'm done laying out all my prints, I normally hit print in the bottom right corner. Normally, this sends the job back to the main PrHo window where I hit print once again and it sends to the printer. But now, it is bypassing that all together.
3. All my jobs are being renamed to "Job 0001"
4. The colors in the printer preview are way off so I don't get an accurate preview.

I am running version 10.0.0.89 and to my knowledge, I have not done a recent update (or even know where/how to do that if there was one available).

Does anybody know what the heck is going on?

Last edited:
I have asked on that forum too. No answer. Just like every other post I put there lol. There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic at that forum.

I think you're confusing Layout TOOL with Layout PREVIEW? Layout Preview is a function/window that comes up after you hit PRINT in Rip-Que, and just before you send to the printer. It allows you to set offsets but not much else. We turn it off. If you don't want to have Layout Preview to come up, you have to turn that off in Media Manager/Edit Media. The second screen has Media Options button. Open that and you'll be able to disable Layout Preview.

No it's just the opposite.
Normally this is how things go:
Open Layout Tool
Load stuff
Press print
Print job goes to main productionhouse queue screen.
Hit print there.
Layout preview pops up.
Select parameters and hit Done (or whatever is the execution key in that window)

Now, this is the order I'm getting:
Open Layout Tool
Load stuff
Press print
Layout preview pops up.
Select parameters and hit Done (or whatever is the execution key in that window)

The main Production House queue screen step gets bypassed completely.

I'm trying to find what you're talking about to see if I can fix my other issues but I don't see it. I open Media Manager, then the only thing I have that says "Edit" is "Edit Profiles" and when I go there, I'm not really seeing anything that helps... (Sorry, I'm pretty green on the back end of Production House)

Edit: Found it but yeah, not what I need. :(

Last edited:
I should also add a couple of other issues:
3. All my jobs are being renamed to "Job 0001"
4. The colors in the printer preview are way off so I don't get an accurate preview.

Go to Layout Tool...preferences button at the top..... Options are there to print "direct" or to "Rip-Queue". Also grid options appear to be there.

I have no "Preferences" button. I have application settings. OK. That totally fixed the first two issues....any idea about the other two?

To get rid of the second Layout Preview screen(if you want to that is.) Go to Media Manager...click Media Library...right click media to "edit media". Click to second page and that's where you'll find the "Media Options" button as described above.

Looks like your preferences file got corrupt. Preview color off....not numbering correctly

To get rid of the second Layout Preview screen(if you want to that is.) Go to Media Manager...click Media Library...right click media to "edit media". Click to second page and that's where you'll find the "Media Options" button as described above.

Looks like your preferences file got corrupt. Preview color off....not numbering correctly

Normally the job name goes to the printer as whatever I named it before I uploaded it to the Layout tool. So "JobNumber_CompanyName" for example.
And the preview colors only change once its arrived at my printer screen. It's fine while its in Production House.

Go to Page Tools on the left side where you select files....at the top click "Page Tools" then "settings" that is where the option for image name or default job number is. In the settings area there is a "soft proof" button. This may help with your preview but not sure. I don't use this app from onyx.

You're a genius. Thank you ever so much for all your help.
PS. You must be running a different version than I am? All the things you're talking about are called something else on mine...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back