anyone useing or have used The Printing Ink Company/Rycoline inks?

Albert Noel

we had a rep in from The Printing Ink Company/Rycoline who insisted we try their stuff.
he gave us some sample pails of coating and a couple of cans of each process colour.

the inks are:
Emerald Series (eco friendly)
Diamond process CMYK
ISO 2846 compliant

i've never even heard of this ink before, or the company.
(aparently it's not the same rycoline as the coatings/fountain solution. a different division that was sold off from what i was told) and i cant find anything in reguards to info or even just spec sheets. even their own website doesn't have it (maybe this set is too new?)

i have a feeling it's just repackaged VanSon ink, but i don't really know for sure. we are pretty happy with our current inks for the most part, but if this stuff is halfway decent, and is eco friendly (at least more then our current stuff) it may be worth the time spent.

can anyone comment on this ink?
worth cleaning my fountains out for a trial?

Printing Ink Company

Printing Ink Company

Based in Toronto I believe. We use them for permanent inks and they have been very good so far. Every batch is consistent. This is a problem we were having with another large company I'm not going to mention. I'd say go for it. We did and we've gotten nothing but good results. :)

Well I can tell you now that Sun Chemical have a Diamond four colour set. This however is their cheap economy set and many printers have issues with its poor rub properties.

tried this set last-night on a couple of jobs (against my boss' wishes) just to see what would happen. aside from the dot gains being different, i didn't find it to be all that much better in comparison to what we currently use. they seemed to have alot more body, (maybe more solids/pigment) but i found i had to have the keys open alot more than i would normally and raise running dampening levels quite a bit to get it stable. it's a solid ink, but not going to replace my current set with it.

Diamond and INKredible

Diamond and INKredible

Neither are worth the qualities of a Diamond or have the moxie to be be called INKredible. Trust me, I won't even elaborate.. However, they are nice names and assigned nomenclature to those product lines. Also, if interested I have a great deal on freezers and refrigerators. Only Eskimos need to inquire about their availability. And caution Eskimos, there are no warranties on these products, so if you need help after the sale, I will be unavailable, lying on a secluded beach in Tahiti. Now where's that little umbrella for my drink? :)

like the ink

like the ink

we have been using the Diamond series of the printing ink company for the last 18 months with great success

Montreal

Has anyone tried BestChem+Supply. We have tried their total system approach and it is the easiest to implement that I have ever experienced in 35 years. It is the fastest drying ink we have ever used.

This is the first system we have used that actually works as the manufacturer has stated.

Rycoline is owned by Sun Chemical. I test ran various sets of UV and Conventional inks from sun, It's all right. I was given prices that were 25% cheaper than any other ink company. Cheaper is not better, you get what you pay for!! I currently run Toyo.

No Rycoline inc. is not owned by Sun it is a family owned company out of Toronto it is also known as The printing ink company Rycoline

get jour facts straight Sun does have a division called Rycoline but the origional post from Albert asked if anyone ever used
The Printing Ink Company Rycoline
here is the address in Toronto

now who is embarrasing them selfs...

The Printing Ink Company, Rycoline Inc.
[email protected]
cell: 416-409-6258
Phone: 905-850-3905
toll free: 1-877-375-3829
fax: 905-850-3906

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back