Anyone using Laser die cutter?

jdodoubleg

I'm curious if anyone is using laser die cutters for sheet to sheet. We are looking at a few different kind of die cutters and are intrigued by the lasers equipment. We especially like the PaperOne 3500 from SEI Laser, but haven't heard any real world experiences.

I looked into a laser die cutter a few years ago from another vendor. The unit had to be re-calibrated by a tech for different sheet sizes and thicknesses and was priced at almost $300,000 USD. You could get a rotary die cutter for $60k to $100k USD if you need high speed and have repeat jobs to justify the cost of the dies. Cut tables that use a CNC knife can be bought for under as little as $30k USD.

I looked into a laser die cutter a few years ago from another vendor. The unit had to be re-calibrated by a tech for different sheet sizes and thicknesses and was priced at almost $300,000 USD. You could get a rotary die cutter for $60k to $100k USD if you need high speed and have repeat jobs to justify the cost of the dies. Cut tables that use a CNC knife can be bought for under as little as $30k USD.
I am actually looking to replace my rotary die cutter. It is very limited and we don't like having to wait for custom dies. We have 7 colex flatbed cutters, 1 Kongsberg and 1 Summa, they just aren't fast enough when cutting thousands of small items. I was able to speak to someone about the laser cutter and yes, the price range starts at what you say.
What I need is something that can die cut at high speed, have great registration and be able to handle tear proof synthetic materials without all the gears and belts breaking when it jams.

Ideas?

I am actually looking to replace my rotary die cutter. It is very limited and we don't like having to wait for custom dies. We have 7 colex flatbed cutters, 1 Kongsberg and 1 Summa, they just aren't fast enough when cutting thousands of small items. I was able to speak to someone about the laser cutter and yes, the price range starts at what you say.
What I need is something that can die cut at high speed, have great registration and be able to handle tear proof synthetic materials without all the gears and belts breaking when it jams.

Ideas?
Trotec is the laser company that I talked to. You might look into Rollem as a more reliable rotary diecut vendor.

Id rework the files, there are lots of shortcuts to take that can dramatically speed things up. Also, if you need a colex tech, I’ve got 10 years experience and service them all around the world.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back