Anyone using Odystar 4.0?

Jayhawkmike

We upgraded to 4.0 from 3.09 in December. Problems with certain Gateways. I'm looking and don't find any other comments on it. Just wanting other thoughts if anyone else has it and has upgraded.

...or I could be on Odystar Island and am the only one using it. Sometimes if feels that way.

I'm on your island.

Finding problems exporting JDF from Preps and using it through JDF to PDF Gateway. On a simple 2pp business card 10up impo I get the error, "Can't find page 3". Which is understandable since there shouldn't be a page 3, but I don't know why it's looking for one.

Other gateways seem to be working better than previous version, in my experience.

What are you having problems with?

JDF works OK...so far. We use JDF out of Preps as well. It seems that I have seen that issue once before. To fix, I believe I had to delete all jdf files, markers folder, job and create another JDF. We create 10-15 JDF impositions a day. Does this problem arise on every JDF or just this one?

My issues have been with prepress gateway, route gateway, and RIP gateway when proofing. My prepress gateway is used to vectorize fonts before any RIP (proof or 1-bitt's). This crashes the gateway. Every time. RIP Gateway will not proof spot colors correctly going to my Epson. Library errors. Route Gateway wont work at all.

RIP gateway is an improvement as I have had some PDF's with MEGA complicated transparency effects, etc, just choke the RIP gateway in v.3. V.4 chews right through.

I think I may be isolated with these issues as I cannot get Tech support to reproduce my errors. Next will try deleting preferences, data folders, canvases, etc. and starting again.

I'll post my results....to the other three Odystar users on the planet who may be interested.
:)

havent upgraded to 4 on our 3 boxes yet. Ill chime in when I do. Someone from support said that 4.0.1 is coming out soon. Im going to wait for that

How did you get JDF to work, it seems when I configure that gateway the folders and files don't go where the JDF doc wants to find them?

What application are you sending JDF from? I have used preps and now we are using dynastrip. its just a matter of setting the JDF options first and then you can have the gateway resolve the JDF properly

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back