Apogee archive file - Super-duper-techy question

RVNG

Hi Folks,

Strange question... when Apogee 4.x creates an archive, it produces a file with the .arch extension. Is there anyway open that file without Apogee to read: for instance the Runlist order? I realize this is a super-duper-techy question, but it would help me tremendously.

thanks,
Christian.

I've tried a text edit program with no luck. I thought it might be some readable XML format.

If I recall it's either a ZIP or RAR file. Try changing the extension. I haven't worked with Apogee in a long while but I think I was able to get a PDF and maybe even a jobplan out of an ARCH.

Thanks danielprusack,

Yes indeed ZIP and RAR opened the file, thanks! It actually opened to a file list like the screencap below shows. However, each of the files in that list again opens to only nonsense through a text editor. Would you have any memory of how those other files could be accessed?

Again, I thank you for your help.
Christian

screencapture.JPG

Hey RV,

Have a look at the "jobproperties" file in that same folder as the "gr_runlist_1_1" file. It seems to contain run list info (and it's closer to English than the "gr_runlist" file).

Best regards,
hp

Thanks HP, but actually it lists all the PDFs that are in the page store, not the runlist, and unfortunately I don't keep that area very clean or orderly. But thanks anyway.

Christian

OK, I think I found the solution... the XML based 'Joblog' that gets generated by the archive process has a record of run list changes inside of it. Choose the most recent record and you have your runlist info... I hope.... I'm at the new office (without Apogee) and I am having to reproduce a previous job for reprint. *sweat*
Christian.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back