Apogee - Device link problems

Magnus

Since I get no respons in the colomanagement section i post here aswell.. Sorry for the doublepost.

Hi all you Agfa-people!

I tried to set up an Device link profile in our apogee workflow today but got a strange result.

The Device link is created "by the book" with Binuscan software (Fogra39 to Press-profile). Protecting prime colors, CY MY CM, solid colors and k.

After the conversion all CMYK images/objects was converted correct, but the grayscale objects were messed up. The 80%k was 97,5%! And the whole gradiation in K was very bumpy.

If someone has an idea what went wrong dont hesitate to post an answer!

Last edited:
Problem solved..

I tried a different setting when I created the Device link profile (size large instead of medium). Then I also had to click the checkbox "preserve black" in Apogee. And now it seems to work!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back