Applying Pearl Text paper

RobC

Hi,

We have a 1995 20x28 5/c Komori Lithrone and have been having trouble applying the Pearl Tex anti-marking paper to the transfer cylinders. The operators have given up on using the tail
clamp (it's been gunked shut since we bought the press used) and have been using
spray glue at the lead edge and tail edge.

Anyone have any experience with the clamping system that can offer an opinion
about if it works well or not?

Or have technique for getting the sheets to go around the cylinders without bubbles?

Rob

they work fine on our 40 and 26 inch komori's, when you have some downtime get the operator to clean the clamps! its a pain in the ass but better than gettin punted onto a folder! Unscrew and soak each clamp, use scouring pads etc to get all the gunk off and ensure that nothing will foul the anti-marking sheets when installing...

we use very light grease, with a light smear over the cylinder that also helps avoid rusting, as the sheets will stick to the grease and against the transfer cyl, then simply clamp front edge and carefully inch around with a man each side using a rag to smooth it all down, then feed it into tail clamp and lock it in... lasts for millions of impressions..

Last edited:
Thanks for a few good suggestions on the tape and the grease! I really want to get those clamps ungunked and just have it work properly!

I use to have problems with the bar for the lead edge mark the sheet, I ended up using 2 sided tesa tape. (from Prisco). Problem went away.

Has anyone tryed the super blue 3 material? Seems kinda pricey.

Just an FYI. The Pearl Tex also comes in a pressure sensitive version. That's what I use on our Komori 426. We don't have clamps on the transfer cylinders. It takes two people, but it works very well.

Give us a call at Shinoda USA, we now sell the ICP paper & film formerly known as Pearl Tex. (Shinoda Japan is the OEM manufacturer) What would suit you best would be going with the non adhesive and using our super strong double sided tape. Since the transfers on the Komori develop rust on the surface, you'll never get a smooth lay with the self adhesive without prepping the surface.

Last edited:
8 Color Perfectors

8 Color Perfectors

We have a Mitsubishi Diamond 3000 - 8 Color Press - which we use to print 4 on 4. The last 4 units have ceramic impression cylinders and the inks clog up real bad on these. Does anyone know what to use to clean them. Also does anyone know where we can buy new jackets for these cylinders.

Nutech Shroff - I know 2 products that work very well for cleaning the roughed cylinders.

Recyl 2000 is really good! RECYL - Nettoyage groupes encreurs - Produits de nettoyage imprimerie - Machines de nettoyage imprimerie - I get it from Webcovert Ltd. in Etobicoke, ONT. Not sure where you could find it, but well worth it. It is a bit pricey per bottle.
The second one is Easy Off Oven cleaner! Yes, it does work well. The liquid for is much better than the spray.
For both of these cleaners, apply with a rag and let sit. Longer & wetter for the Recyl is better. Wash off with water and blanket wash combination.
Good luck,
R

Thanks for the cylinder cleaning tips Freeman. Just don't let the wife know you have experience with the Easy Off; she may make you clean the oven at home.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back