Are you visiting Printing United 2022? Why?

onprintshop

Hi All,

The next big show is Printing United 2022, Las Vegas in Oct 19-21 coming after 2+ years. So wanted to understand each one of you.

1. Are you visiting?
2. Why? Primary Purpose
3. What will be your priority of investment this year? - Equipment, Material, Finishing, Software or Other (mention)
4. What is the best way you to deal with volatile market conditions now?

Lets hear & learn from each other

I’d love to go but I’m not prepared to deal with the current situation in airports as well as the border issues.

1. Yes- bought tickets in July
2. I'm looking at equipment and getting a vibe from the sales teams. Geeks = good vendor. Used car salesmen = bad vendor. The classes can be excellent when taught by practitioners.
3. New digital press
4. I'm more worried about supply chain problems.

1. No
2. Cost. Only ever been to Print at Chicago because it was close to me and I went on my dime.
3. If I did go. Always look at software a bit, talk with my current vendors to keep up good connections with them. Digital presses to see what is out there now and get an idea of what is to come.
4. Know yourself as a company. Your core market, and really focus on that. And never stop looking to the future, as long as it fits into who you are as a company.

1. Yes
2. Wife has never been to Vegas...talk to vendors
3. Large format, Digital Press, Duplo finishing, envelope printer (even though no product available) future products
4. Spend A Lot of time on phone begging for products.

1. Yes- bought tickets in July
2. I'm looking at equipment and getting a vibe from the sales teams. Geeks = good vendor. Used car salesmen = bad vendor. The classes can be excellent when taught by practitioners.
3. New digital press
4. I'm more worried about supply chain problems.
That is great @SoggyWinter
I also hear supply chain issues specially in Paper are major problem

1. No
2. Cost. Only ever been to Print at Chicago because it was close to me and I went on my dime.
3. If I did go. Always look at software a bit, talk with my current vendors to keep up good connections with them. Digital presses to see what is out there now and get an idea of what is to come.
4. Know yourself as a company. Your core market, and really focus on that. And never stop looking to the future, as long as it fits into who you are as a company.
@scotts Great advice. You should plan visiting Printing United one day. Better than Print/Graph Expo which used to be at Chicago

1. Yes
2. doing printsmith training two days before show
3. I am in NEED of a new Envelope printer and found nothing I love, want to check out the HP Pagewide Pro XL how it prints on foamcore...I want to know if it can print on Coroplast that would be a game changer, need to look at website options! I love my digital presses I have so no need for that, maybe a new smaller automated folder
4. Our customers have been great with stock changes as needed with paper but also had a feeling this was coming and stocked up in our 2nd location some overflow stocks so we are good. Staffing issues have been hard and spent more money on automation of finishing equipment...new machine scores and folds items text and cardstock is amazing and doing it all in one saves us hours on jobs! We just need to think smarter and plan ahead! Though I could use two more full time employees so nights and weekends can be mine again!

1. Yes
2. doing printsmith training two days before show
3. I am in NEED of a new Envelope printer and found nothing I love, want to check out the HP Pagewide Pro XL how it prints on foamcore...I want to know if it can print on Coroplast that would be a game changer, need to look at website options! I love my digital presses I have so no need for that, maybe a new smaller automated folder
4. Our customers have been great with stock changes as needed with paper but also had a feeling this was coming and stocked up in our 2nd location some overflow stocks so we are good. Staffing issues have been hard and spent more money on automation of finishing equipment...new machine scores and folds items text and cardstock is amazing and doing it all in one saves us hours on jobs! We just need to think smarter and plan ahead! Though I could use two more full time employees so nights and weekends can be mine again!
As far as I know that HP cannot print on anything rigid. The max gsm is 200gsm unless I am misunderstanding something. file://server2022/d/Allfiles/1%20Temps/522831-Datasheet-EN.PDF

3. I am in NEED of a new Envelope printer and found nothing I love, want to check out the HP Pagewide Pro XL how it prints on foamcore...I want to know if it can print on Coroplast that would be a game changer
Regarding the envelope printers, I'd suggest you avoid any of the toner models. Go through the forums here and whether people have the Xante, Oki, IntoPrint, etc, they are all terribly slow, and tend to have feeding issues (We have the Oki and hate it). Additionally, you have to get digital window envelopes so the window doesn't melt. Stick to the inkjet units. They are much faster, lower cost per print, can print full bleed, and don't require digital windows. Plus, you can print on specialty envelopes that toner units can't handle like bubble packs.

As for the HP PageWide printing on Corroplast, no it can't do that. You would need UV ink because of the plastic surface. The HP uses pigment based inks. What would be great is if the corroplast manufacturers made a special version with a surface that could receive the pigment inks. However, keep in mind that pigment inks don't last very long outdoors because they are not UV resistant - the inks will fade. Even on HP's website it says the Pagewide is designed for short term signage.
1664998929519.png

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back