Artpro needs update every year?

aijazansari

Hello everyone
Greetings
I am new in the mac and artpro world.
My company is going to buy Artpro 9. But one of my friend working in another co. told me that after purchasing the license, we have to update/upgrade it mandatorily every year or else it will stop working in 1 year. Is it true?
Thanks

Actually you are half correct. In the past you would have to make a new build of the software at least once a year. It could be the same version. This was done to update the licensing. Now with esko's new license manager you do not have to do this.

update...

update...

Non si è obbligati ad aggiornare il software tutti gli anni, però quando si decide di aggiornarlo bisogna comunque pagare anche quelli non fatti. Qui in Italia ogni aggiornamento costa 10.000 Euro.

No...they do update quite often...sometimes it's a pain once you get everyone loaded and comfortable with a new version, only find out there's a revision.

We've had 3 seats for 6 or 7 years and I've never experienced what you describe. The only time you need to create a new build is if there's a new version available.

I haven't moved up to 9.5 yet...so we're still dongle based for licensing.

Hello to all, in my company we are undecided on the purchase of the 9.5 since the Esko has said to us that the true revolution will be version 10.
t would like to know to me who of you has the 9.5 and which are its defects.

Our large problem is: to generate a pdf ArtPro and to send it to a HotFolder for rip the Agfa ApogeeX.

To generate a pdf 1,3 or 1,4 creates always problems for the rip.

Hello to all, in my company we are undecided on the purchase of the 9.5 since the Esko has said to us that the true revolution will be version 10.
t would like to know to me who of you has the 9.5 and which are its defects.

Our large problem is: to generate a pdf ArtPro and to send it to a HotFolder for rip the Agfa ApogeeX.

To generate a pdf 1,3 or 1,4 creates always problems for the rip.

Curious...how are you currently creating your pdfs?

Also, I'm surprised they didn't steer you towards Odystar which is their pdf based workflow.

We have simply updated Apogee in ApogeeX, but we do not succeed to understand if the guilt is of ArtPro.
Once created the pdf of ArtPro, we look them with Acrobat and we always find of the errors.
Then we think the guilt is of ArtPro, but we do not know more what to make….

We have simply updated Apogee in ApogeeX, but we do not succeed to understand if the guilt is of ArtPro.
Once created the pdf of ArtPro, we look them with Acrobat and we always find of the errors.

Did you try a PS from the print menu? What are the errors you find? With what kind of settings do you export your PDF?

Postscript

Postscript

Until two years it does so as utilizzavono the .PS, eccezzionali but truly discs of a valve to create them and slow the job of the Rip.
All the world works with the .pdf and so we have updated the Rip Agfa (ApogeeX) and by the probelmi are begun there.
I speak about pdf 1.3 or 1.4, with the 1.3 (not always) created of the little ones holes on the pdf, not visualizzabili quickly, but made the slab they were seen.
With pdf 1.4 (also not always) looking the pdf in separation a pantone lacks here to case.
We always think more than artpro kind a wrong pdf and ApogeeX has some bug.

I'm using ArtPro 9.0.6 and the pdfs are flawless using the default "press" setting. I've sent them for output to other printers and never a problem. I use them to create proofs with EFI Colorproof, again, never a problem.

info

info

If you say that you do not have problems you can send your settaggio to me, since hung little kb?

txt

txt

I find the management of the witnesses of ugly Artpro, prefer illustrator or Freehand, you what you think some?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back