Artwork Guidelines

mahmood

* The resolution of your artworks should at least be 300dpi (300 pixels per INCH or 118 pixels per CM) to create high quality printing matters. If your image contains texts, we suggest you use higher resolution artwork up to 600dpi.
* Before creating PDF files, please create outlines for all the fonts, or attach the TrueType TTF fonts you used in the artwork, as we do not print directly from the PDF files)
* Texts in image files (JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG) will not be printed as sharp as other formats with text layers like Corel Draw, Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF, Freehand, Indesign... We suggest you send us your source files with texts layers to us to get better printing result. If you do not have the source files, please use higher resolution artwork up to 600dpi.
* If you have used special fonts (or Mac fonts), please send the TrueType TTF font files to us as well, to avoid any font problems, please transfer the texts into vector paths (create outlines).
* Color : All color are nominated CMYK (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black), depending upon the printing process by which your job will be printed. Please note that certain Pantone colours are outside the printable colour range of CMYK devices. Screen colours are never accurate, please check Pantone or CMYK specifications. If your CMYK artwork contains large areas of the color black, we strongly recommend the addition of at least 40% (C) Cyan in addition to the 100% (K) Black to produce a richer better looking black. Please note that colour settings need to be more than 8% to be printable.
* Texts and Lines : Texts must convert to paths, curves or outlines. A line thinner that 0.076mm will not appear on output.

Those are some poorly written, atiquated guidleines gauranteed to have me navigating away from the site.

Those are some poorly written, atiquated guidleines gauranteed to have me navigating away from the site.

And neglected to mention if files should be split across multiple floppy disks or assembled and burned onto a Bernoulli or Zip disk.

J

Also neglected to mention WHY he's posting these guidelines lol is he looking for feedback or posting someone else's for us to mock?

I've outlined all my fonts and now my 48pp wont fit on my Syquest Help!!!!!!!! :)

And neglected to mention if files should be split across multiple floppy disks or assembled and burned onto a Bernoulli or Zip disk.

J

Should add to the guidelines:

"* We only accept 200MB Syquest disks as the 44MB and 88MB versions are antiquated. Zip, Jazz and Bernoulli disks as well as 230MB Opticals are perfectly acceptable.

* We only accept Aldus PageMaker and Freehand format files."

What am I forgetting?

:)

Terry

can i send the mockup on chipboard with amberlith and chartpak lines and letters set up like i want the finished product?

We had a customer the other week that wanted to send us a camera ready pdf, lucky I had these guidlines to send to him

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back