Assistance with Digital Inkjet press to print fan-folded stock

JFann

I have contacted the key vendors, Kodak, Canon, Ricoh, HP, Screen. All will not entertain feeding fan-stock. I am now researching vendors for a custom build for two inkjet printers that will feed fan-folded stock, but if there are existing printers out there then I will consider.The printer is only needed to print black ink, average 30,000 - 40,000 per day. The stock is stacked in bundles of 2000 sheets and we splice the bundles together to form a continuous web.

Surely someone can think of a solution as our current printers are at what we call end of life. This is a great opportunity for a print engineering firm. Leave contact information and I will share more information.

J Fann

We migrated from continuous Canon (Oce) laser printers, which were capable of handling fanfold paper to Canon inkjet printers. One thing I learned was that inkjet printers usually run "tight web", and that fanfold stock could separate at the horizontal perforations.

I have no solution for you, but maybe run the question past superweb.com. When I researched inkjet printers they seemed very open to customization.

Thanks for the response. My organization must use inkjet due to the nature of the product. We service the public and the print must not smear or fade over time. If not for that specification the Winjet would be perfect. I started a search for similar equipment. I also checked out superweb and their solution exceeds our size requirements by far.

What are your current printers? Laser? Other than EOL, do they suit your needs?

"must not smear or fade over time" - I would think laser would do better with this than inkjet

We currently use K---dak VL2000 that has been modified to run fan-fold stock. They served the purpose for 10yrs but now when sampling the market we found that the industry has moved on and is dominated by roll to roll. Due to our space restraints and the products, change to roll to roll would take some doing. But I'm sure there is still a market for continuous form printing as evidenced by the Winjet.

I have recently been searching for custom inkjet print builders or engineering, and have been in discussion with a couple. I would welcome any suggestions for more companies of this type.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did review all. I contacted MCS and they do sound promising. I am waiting on a callback from them. The sales rep seemed to think that they had a solution. Any other suggestions would be appreciated since companies like this are difficult to find.

Hello All,

Refreshing this thread for those that may have missed it earlier. I am on a search for vendors that provide custom build printing solutions.

Happy Holidays

Thanks for the feedback as it is extremely helpful. I am in communication with MCS and they are working on a proposal, but I'm currently seeking others to be competitive. I am familiar with Winjet but searching for production environment type equipment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back