Automated Workflow Suggestions

Chopper1

We are currently have a Esko-Nexus front end and have been very pleased with it. We are going to upgrade in the very near future and want to come up with a complete (semi-home grown) web to print solution. We are not going to invest in "WebCenter" or "InSight" type of solutions.

Our desire is to;

1) Client uploads a pdf(s) via ftp to their assigned folder (We have this in place)

2) RGB>CMYK, CMYK>CMYK conversion to our desired Gamut/TAC (ink optimized)-(I need to shop!)

3) Pdf is automatically optimized to a PDF-X format (We have PitStop Server)

4) Process through Automation Engine

5) Web quality pdf is generated and compiled as one pdf, and uploaded back to the client ftp folder

6) Email is generated, notifying all concerned parties of pdf proof available for viewing

7) Automatic layout (Imposition) and preview of imposed jobs, ready for proofing or plating.

We have the the resources internally as far as IT staff, servers, etc, for a lot of this.
I'm just wondering if Alwan CMYK Optimizer and Metrix would be the right choices to possibly tie in with an Esko front end.

Of course, we don't want to break the bank!

Love to read some of your opinions in regards to putting together a system such as this.

Thanks!

Hmm, lots of hits with no response!

My thought was something like this,

1) Client a pdf uploads via ftp

2) Enfocus Switch directs the file(s) to:
Alwan CMYK Optimizer, then to
PitStop Server for preflight and basic "massaging"

3) Status report is generated and sent to client and production
Upon approval, job is routed to Automation Engine
Web quality pdf is compiled (if needed) and sent back to same ftp folder, with notification to client and production

4) If approved, job is released to imposition and proofing

Just at the research stage. We can take small steps and mature, hopefully, into complete automation as we gain expertise.
The goal is to separate our "custom" work and automate the run of the mill print and cut jobs

You can do what you need pretty easily.

ConnectALL will allow you to set up the preflight and delivery on the client side. You can roll a color conversion into it as well, if you want.

Switch can watch the FTP server and steer the file(s) through the optimization process(es), dropping the resulting files where you direct it. PitStop Pro and PitStop Server can make use of Device Link Profiles to handle TAC concerns. I'm a big fan of CMYK Optimizer, but just thinking of what you all ready own.

Automated imposition can be accomplished with Switch and some products like InpO2, Impostrip OnDemand, Metrix, or SmartStream Designer.

Generating lo-rez proofing PDFs and emails is simple in Switch.

So, you would need ConnectALL, Switch, the Switch Configurator Module, PitStop Server, PitStop Pro (to build your server preflights and actions), either some device link profiles or the means to build them, and an imposition package that can be automated.

Full disclosure, I sell, and support, most of these products. The ones that I don't, I have contacts within the companies. I can show you some Switch "flows" that do much of what you're wanting.

PM me if you want to talk about this some more.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back