B/W Digital Copiers - km951/1051 vs Ricoh Pro 1107EX

JustPrint!

We run 200k clicks a month b/w (probably 100k letter size, rest is 11x17).
Anyone got Ricoh and how is service? I did test results on both machines. Impressed with both.
Anybody run a lot of gloss paper on their Ricoh? I guess I am hesitant about Ricoh.
Ricoh service? I currently have KM6501 and I know their service is pretty decent.
Anybody have Plokmatic bookletmaker on their Ricoh, is that running good? Production worthy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I currently have 2 Canon 7095's. Looking to replace both of them with 1 production machine.

I am a tech and service a few Ricoh 1357EX boxes. I have some averaging 500K a month with barely any down time at all. If you have a good tech you will have great luck with them.

replace with canon imagepress 1110 would be an better upgrade than any other machines

My thoughts - I had a Ricoh MP9000 that wen out the door with a little over 15 million copies on it. Nice box for the money but once it hit a couple million it started to be a service headache. The duplex tray will last about 3 million and need to be replaced, drums go about 700K so figure a PM about once a month. The image will bounce around on the sheet quite a bit as it ages. The image quality is beautiful though!

Replaced that box with a KM1200 and love it! Had it about a year with about 4 million clicks on it, it's a beast that just keeps eating paper. If you can afford a iR110 - get 2 KM1200's and you will be 4 times more productive! I have the saddlestitcher/trimmer and it is killer! Runs all day long, just empty trim and fill staples.

My thoughts - I had a Ricoh MP9000 that wen out the door with a little over 15 million copies on it. Nice box for the money but once it hit a couple million it started to be a service headache. The duplex tray will last about 3 million and need to be replaced, drums go about 700K so figure a PM about once a month. The image will bounce around on the sheet quite a bit as it ages. The image quality is beautiful though!

Replaced that box with a KM1200 and love it! Had it about a year with about 4 million clicks on it, it's a beast that just keeps eating paper. If you can afford a iR110 - get 2 KM1200's and you will be 4 times more productive! I have the saddlestitcher/trimmer and it is killer! Runs all day long, just empty trim and fill staples.

Craig, I assume the nice finisher on there sd-??? something?

I noticed that the quality on KM (1,200 dpi) is much better than the Ricoh (600 dpi).

I am thinking of running a lot of 70# gloss text on there, do you think 1200 can "hang"?

Sorry for the late response, we just moved our shop to a larger facility. Yes the 1200 can "hang" with 70lb gloss text all day long. Get the feed deck with the vacuum belt feeder, nor the feed tires if you are running that much coated.

Yes, 100% correct, if you run coated, airfeed deck is the must. Otherwise you have a loooong road of experimenting which stock works better, those that work with friction fed systems will be the most expensive ones :) Like HP Color laser gloss.....

It would be the bizhub PRESS 1250 now (the 1200 wasn't recently re-launched with some additional features and 5ppm speed increase as the 1250). It will eat up 70# gloss text all day long. It has vacuum feeding, holds rated speed up to 80# gloss cover, and is rated for up to 130# gloss cover. The saddle stitch unit (SD506) has an integrated face trim which is an additional accessory on the Plockmatic, you can stitch more sheets on the SD506 (50 sigs), and the SD506 will run at rated engine speed when making books (assuming you are doing more than a couple sigs in the book) which the 1357+Plockmatic combo won't always do. The 1250 is built to run hard and have curve balls thrown at it wheras the Ricoh boxes are meant to run simple applications at high speeds.

Try to test the new Océ Varioprint DP 135, the quality is the best quality i´ve seen and can print in a large kind of media included coated and structured media

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back