B&W Volume pricing

Yes, the 1050 (1051) and the 1200 are the same engine. The 1200 is just faster (105 ppm vs 120 ppm). We've had it installed for 2 months, and, are very satisfied. Secret # 2 - make your acquisition at the end of the last quarter of their fiscal year (3/31). The price & lease deal was awesome (a little less than 50% of list) ! Being predominantly a Xerox shop, we first looked at the Xerox 41xx, but, it didn't offer the wide range of stock sizes we needed and, the duplex turn was so small and tight, it's obvious it wouldn't auto-duplex anything over about 200 gsm without problems. Then we looked at the Nuvera line, but, they wanted way too much $$$$ ! Oh, and BTW, (and I say this lovingly, because I am partial to Xerox), because they are who they are, you will rarely ever get a Xerox Rep to a negotiating table.....it's a "take it or leave it" kind of thing !

I agree with the Guru, we have had our 1200 for almost a year and short of a few bumps it's been a great machine. They almost gave the thing away just to get a KM box in our shop too.

Gordon Geckko would have undercut his competition to grab their business then sold the company at a profit and walked before it imploded. Or, Bain Capital might simply have outsourced (sorry, off shored) the printing, fired the employees, and sold the business assets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back