Back Soon

gordo

Back soon.jpg

Just taking an August break. RE: Print will be back in September so don't do anything silly while I'm away!

Last edited:
Something silly, let's see. Use Comic Sans for everything this week? Sniff the press wash? Hide in the darkroom when someone's looking for you? Actually be honest with a customer and tell them no you can't have this huge job in two days?

Oh, I know. Somebody do a comic and pretend to be Gordo!

what's a darkroom?

(I'm kiding, but surprised you still have one?!)
The darkroom in my old workplace had been dismantled, but it used to have a revolving door. I actually did hide in there once. I stood there with all the lights out while the manager used the door to see if I was in there. She came within a foot of me, but once she saw that it was totally dark, she left.

The darkroom in my old workplace had been dismantled, but it used to have a revolving door. I actually did hide in there once. I stood there with all the lights out while the manager used the door to see if I was in there. She came within a foot of me, but once she saw that it was totally dark, she left.
In the early 70s I camped out for several months in the darkroom at Zenith Graphics a full service prepress/graphics shop in Calgary Canada where I was the photographer. I hadn't been able to find an affordable apartment. It was mid winter with temps of -30 and the heater in my old van no longer worked. Happy times.

Why not, seems like everyone else has been taking vacations this summer then want jobs out next day when they get back from traveling abroad for the past month...

You may get lucky. Many workplaces don't realize an employee's worth until they have to live without them for a while. I did get a raise once after I got back from a week off.

You may get lucky. Many workplaces don't realize an employee's worth until they have to live without them for a while. I did get a raise once after I got back from a week off.
Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone (They paved paradise and put up a parking lot......)

Every work place seems to have that one person who thinks the company managers, supervisors and 3/4 of the co-workers are stupid, lazy and piles work on the hero's back, They see themselves as irreplaceable when in reality no one is. In a work place in my experience has had Workplace personality such as Workplace personality #1: The Leader. Workplace personality #2: The Task Manager. Workplace personality #3: The Abstract Thinker. Workplace personality #4: The Champion. Plus the clicks of workers. My rule is
1691718256677.jpeg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back