Bargain fabric roll to roll

PrinterSKA

Hello

Im interested in making clothes out of printed polyester and would love to find a way to use inkjet in making wearable and washable results. Why? Because of the price of the machines. I have tried to search the information by myself but ended up in the jungle of different technical dimensions of this field. So:

Is it possible to use a basic inkjet (let's say HP Designjet 5000) to produce a print on polyester that would be resistant enough to outdoor UV, abrasion and hand washing to make a wearable garment like a jacket?

I hope some of you has some experience about wearable prints and can help me. Any information about this field is more than welcome.

Thanks!

Dye sublimation inks are what would be required for this application. For clothing, I would think that indirect dye-sub would likely be the way to go.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back