Best envelope printer?

If you have enough volume to keep it running fairly regularly, I favor the inkjet. You can bleed with inkjet. You won't need special heat proof windows for inkjet. I do NOT recommend the Xante. If you had to go laser, I would do IntoPrint (Oki). The inkjet does not limit you to envelopes. You can do bags, boxes, presentation folders and more.

Thank you!!! Does this mean you would choose the ink option over the toner?? Do you have any experience or thoughts on the Xante? I have not been able to find any positive reviews but Xante is pushing hard for us to buy from them.
Having both the Xante Enpress and the iJet 1175P it is a night and day difference. In quality for the vibrant color and think text/lines the Xante wins. For speed hands down the 1175P wins. That being said the Xante has not been used on almost a year as we have not had a single complaint about quality on the 1175P. The Xante is lucky to run 2500 envelopes in an hour with a lot of operator intervention with the feeder, the 1175P is running about 8000 an hour load and go.

HI Craig,
Thank you for your response. We were impressed by both the quality and price of the Xante, however, after putting in the order, I found this website with reviews. I was not able to find ANY reviews that were in favor of the Xante and we put the order on hold to continue with more research. From samples that I have seen, I am leaning towards the toner machines but that means we are very limited in options - basically it's either the Xante or IntoPrint SP1360. The ijet definitely seems to be out of my budget, but again, that is ink. I have read alot of reviews stating that the Xante has many different issues, including, but not limited to run time. Having this machine, do you agree? I want our product/colors to stand out against the competition, but I don't want to regret purchasing a machine that is not going to run properly or hold up over time.
Thank you in advance for your expertise.

HI Craig,
Thank you for your response. We were impressed by both the quality and price of the Xante, however, after putting in the order, I found this website with reviews. I was not able to find ANY reviews that were in favor of the Xante and we put the order on hold to continue with more research. From samples that I have seen, I am leaning towards the toner machines but that means we are very limited in options - basically it's either the Xante or IntoPrint SP1360. The ijet definitely seems to be out of my budget, but again, that is ink. I have read alot of reviews stating that the Xante has many different issues, including, but not limited to run time. Having this machine, do you agree? I want our product/colors to stand out against the competition, but I don't want to regret purchasing a machine that is not going to run properly or hold up over time.
Thank you in advance for your expertise.
What is your volume? That would help solidify an answer for me. Are you doing a few small runs of 500/1000 per week or more production?

Normal run size is 10,000. However, not evey day or every week. We want to promote more envelope printing once we have the new machine in place. We need quality to be consistent for the recurring orders and then market to new customers.

The Xante EnPress does a decent job on envelopes but you MUST purchase the side seam Envelopes made by Western Envelope Company. They worked with Xante in designing their envelope feeder etc. The important thing is the paper has the right smoothness/tooth for more consistent feeding. They also produce a Digiclear envelope that is safe for printing on digital. #10 and #9 envelopes feed pretty consistently for me, #6-3/4 is another story had issues with them skewing/not feeding and printing square through the envelope feeder. On smaller orders, I have fed these through tray 2 instead of envelope feeder which isn't productive.

Our iJetColor 1175 Pro installs in the next few days Aug 28. I will chime in after I get a good feel for it. It's going to take over our offset envelope printing. We have been using a Heidelberg QM2 for single and two color orders and a 52 for 4 color. This will be way more cost effective and our press operators won't dread envelope orders any longer.

Last edited:
Our iJetColor 1175 Pro installs in the next few days. I will chime in after I get a good feel for it. It's going to take over our offset envelope printing. We have been using a Heidelberg QM2 for single and two color orders and a 52 for 4 color. This will be way more cost effective and our press operators won't dread envelope orders any longer.
Can you share how much this unit costs?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back