better cutter: baum55 or triumph 7228?

kristianeyman

hello all!

i am in the process of buying/needing a cutter for offset job. most everything that i run is gang flyers or business cards, and a small amount of digital. i am looking at both of these models, but cant make a decision? they are both programmable and hydraulic and same price. does anyone have experience with either of these cutter or is one better for long term (build wise)? i though of getting a polar, but i have been told that the baum is the same as the polar 55em, only the baum comes with a standard microcut? i only bring this up for resale value. the triumph has a bigger throat so i could cut down parent size sheets, laser protection guides and is much newer, but not sure of its durability? thanks for your help,k

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back