Beyond SRA3

che.c

Hi everyone, I've been researching upgrading our photocopiers (DC240 & 260) to something a bit more substantial, had a look at 5000AP, C6000, M700. Although in the course of my research it got me thinking about the SRA2 / B2 market. There's some noise at the moment about high-quality, high-speed inkjet getting into this arena, and I also discovered an old, but interesting (not suitable for print for pay unfortunately) machine from Xerox. I think it's toner based but not sure..

Translated version of product page

And a few bits and pieces from printweek

Jetpress 720

Truepress

I've got a few more saved on my computer at home, will post 'em up later. Has anyone else been researching larger than SRA3 sheetfed print? Or inkjet technology? I've been hearing that the high-speed inkjet tech isn't very good quality compared to electrophotography and that there are apparently good reasons that it's difficult to make SRA2 photocopier style presses.

Hi everyone, I've been researching upgrading our photocopiers (DC240 & 260) to something a bit more substantial, had a look at 5000AP, C6000, M700. Although in the course of my research it got me thinking about the SRA2 / B2 market. There's some noise at the moment about high-quality, high-speed inkjet getting into this arena, and I also discovered an old, but interesting (not suitable for print for pay unfortunately) machine from Xerox. I think it's toner based but not sure..

Translated version of product page

And a few bits and pieces from printweek

Jetpress 720

Truepress

I've got a few more saved on my computer at home, will post 'em up later. Has anyone else been researching larger than SRA3 sheetfed print? Or inkjet technology? I've been hearing that the high-speed inkjet tech isn't very good quality compared to electrophotography and that there are apparently good reasons that it's difficult to make SRA2 photocopier style presses.

Well, as you probably know an iGen and some Indigos will do around a B3 sheet, so that's pretty useful. Some of the KM office machines (and the Samsung/Xante/etc) machines have a "banner" mode, which might be pretty useful. Xeikon are still the only digital presses that I'm aware of that will do SRA2ish sizes. InternalR&D posted about a (Chinese made??) machine some time ago that was around that size, but I don't know if that's made it to market yet. If you want something really that prints really wide with a toner engine, check out the Kip Color machine.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back