Big Trouble

When you get the EPA involved nothing good will come out of it. Ignorance won't get them anywhere either. If they don't have their documentation in order, they will get nailed.

JW

WOW that is just totally insane. These are the same people though that wonder why nothing is produced in their state or this country anymore and it's all being made in countries without ludicrous laws and fines.

This should not surprise anyone. Thee state of Illinois needs money. The solution to this problem is simple. Pay the fine and move the compay north about 40 miles where that state is willing to work with business.

Ron

Out here in Krazifornia I like to think that it's mandatory volunteerism . . . you have to get permits, you have to have records as to your VOC usage . . . but I have never heard of the agencies going out and looking for printing companies that don't call them to register . . . but it does show that you need to know the rules and follow them or you are leaving yourself open to disaster.

Out here in Krazifornia I like to think that it's mandatory volunteerism . . . you have to get permits, you have to have records as to your VOC usage . . . but I have never heard of the agencies going out and looking for printing companies that don't call them to register . . . but it does show that you need to know the rules and follow them or you are leaving yourself open to disaster.

I was told that people from the surrounding area were complaining of the smell. That was what started the investigation.

Don't know the laws in that region, but out of curiosity could you tell me if this business would be in trouble or would still need to register if they were using chemicals & ink that poses minimal environmental issues & contains a fraction of the VOC levels then that of what is the industry standard?

OR

Does the EPA simply look at the machinery & equipment in use and average out an estimated possible VOC % based on industry standard guidelines?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back