Billing Database Issues for VDP

dabob

I am having a difference of opinion with my partner about how to bill database issues with customer supplied database files for VDP processing . . .. for example, today I spent 2.5 hours and another employee spent about an hour cleaning up a database so that the VDP job we are running tomorrow would be done correctly . . . .

How do you deal with this issue and how do you educate the customer about what they are doing wrong??????

I think that probably the difference of opinion between you and your partner can be solved with better communication with the client, because the difference is likely based on your feelings of how the client will react to an unexpected charge.

Let the client know that the quality of the data and the structure of the database they submit is key to the quoted price.
Draft a "Standard" of what you expect from a submitted database and what you and your partner will charge if it is left to your business to bring their database up to the "Standard".
Include it with your quote to the client.

If I'm close on this, then the client becomes the one making the decision to buy a service or not, up front, and you no longer have to differ with your partner on whether to charge for it or not.

Last edited:
Annual maintenance charge (AMC) or call base (per visit) charges are better option then mesuriing in hrs. Give quotation and get it approved.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back