Blade cleaning EBA 551

BigSi

Hi there. I'm used to larger guillotines than this little EBA. I cut quite a bit of self adhesive. There doesn't seem to be any way to clean the blade other than removing the whole blade. (as in doing a blade change). As you can image this is a real pain when the blade doesn't need changing. It seems the only way around it is cut a huge amount of waste.
As 90% of the glue is on the back of the blade this can be 50+ cuts before it even starts to come clean.
Any suggestions much appreciated. thanks Simon

If the 551 is the same as my EBA 550, then try this. When your blade and clamp are returning to upper home position, push in the check valve knob. It should be right under your pressure regulator knob on the left side of cutter. The blade will stop returning to upper home position and the clamp will continue to return. Now you can clean the backside of your blade without the clamp being in the way. Not using your hands to clean the blade of coarse!

Disclaimer: You do this at your own risk, guillotine blades are extremely sharp and manufactures' directions should be followed when operating.

If the 551 is the same as my EBA 550, then try this. When your blade and clamp are returning to upper home position, push in the check valve knob. It should be right under your pressure regulator knob on the left side of cutter. The blade will stop returning to upper home position and the clamp will continue to return. Now you can clean the backside of your blade without the clamp being in the way. Not using your hands to clean the blade of coarse!

Disclaimer: You do this at your own risk, guillotine blades are extremely sharp and manufactures' directions should be followed when operating.
Hi Tj. thanks for this. I gave it ago and unfortunately the clamp always follows the blade.
I have found a work around. I put a solid block of paper just behind the cutting line the clamp can't follow.
the blade down. Works a treat.
ta Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back