Bookletmaker Stitcher problems

robbg439

Running a Watkiss collator and Automatic Stitch Fold Trim booklet maker that uses M2000 type stitching heads. I am running a booklet that is 5 by 4 inches and has one off-center stitch.

I can only get three booklets to run through the machine and get a staple. After that, the wire buckles and stops it stops feeding. Its always three booklets successfully stitched, before buckling and every subsequent book is unstitched (until I stop the machine and fix the wire).

Here's why this is weird: it only skips stitches like this when I am running one stitch head. When I'm running both heads, it can run all day long without problems. At first I had removed one head from the machine, and I thought maybe something about the way it was being driven was out of balance, so I put the second head back in with no wire feeding into it, which didn't help. Also weird is that if I drive the stitches in manually using the hand crank, it works fine. The only difference I can think of between this action and what is happening when the machine is actually running is the speed at which the staples are being driven.

Usually when something weird like this is happening that I can't figure out, its because I'm missing something obvious that is staring me in the face. Anybody have any ideas?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back