Bubbles in Plates

flexo87

Hi all! i am a Flexo sales rep and i supply various clientele with 1.70mm plates, i recently discovered bubbles in one of the plates that i supply and upon further inspection, it turned out the remainder plates had tiny bubbles in them, i was wondering if any of you have encountered such with your materials and what could be the possible cause of this???

Um....the manufacturing process.....

Last explanation I got from a manufacturer was that during the making of the plates a drip of condensation or chemical fell, causing the bubbling.....mind you that is for offset plates, so.

I'm assuming you're talking about polymer plates. Bubbles come from the pouring process. You can remove them with a heat gun before the polymer is exposed. If they have already been exposed, not a lot you can do.

Bubbles in Flexo Plates are cause from high altitude exposure, the photoiniciator losses an oxigen atom and causes the bubble. If you put then in level sea altitude the plates will re-absorve the bubble in a long period of time, or you can use a barometric chamber similar to the one used by divers and the bubble wil re-abserve faster. Eventhough is re-absorve the plates will not reproduce high quality dots, but it will work for solids and inverses lines, etc. Most manufactures uses pre-expouse treatment to prevent this from happening. You should ask the manufacter if the plates are pre-treated for altituted.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back