Buying a used DC242 - what questions should I ask?

steveclv

I am buying a used DC242 remotely and having it shipped. I have prepared the following questions but have I missed anything? It's a reputable seller.

Version of Fiery included? Should be EX260.
Administrator password?
Dongle included?
CD/DVDs included?
Serial Number:

Colour Calibration Patch Cards included?
Greyscale
Colour

Xerox DC242
Serial Number:
Total click count?
Toner levels
C =
M =
Y =
K =
K2 =

Waste cartridge new?

Drum Life remaining
C =
M =
Y =
K =

Light Production Finisher included?
Serial Number:
Model Number:
Staples included?

Testing
B&W test image OK?
A3 Full colour test image OK?
Booklet fold & staple OK?

This device is quite old and, my understanding is that it is end of life. I would be asking if you can get a service agreement on it because buying drums and toners for that model can be quite expensive if you aren't a Xerox dealer

Although 'old' and discontinued by Xerox, there are still thousands of them in regular use and the consumables (toner, drums, corotron etc) are available and not a bad price - not in KM price brackets but cheaper than those for the newer 550/560 lol

I'm actually getting a set of new ones with the machine but appreciate your input.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back