By-passing RFID couplings

LH_D

Hi,

We currently have a 3 year old Vutek QS3200, does anyone know if it is possible to by-pass the RFID readers? We have been looking at switching inks but since the Vutek ink bags are chipped we are now wondering if there is any way of us switching ink without having to use the bags from the vutek ink- our issue against doing it this way is cross contamination and the bags eventually going out of date.

Thanks

The RFID chip is in the coupler on the ink bag itself. The coupler unscrews and can be switched from one bag to another. I just had a problem where the current white ink expired but still had 40% left. I switched out the coupler from another (empty) white ink bag that wasn't expired and was able to continue without a problem. HATE to waste ink at these prices!

Well thats exactly correct until that one expires too, Vutek installs the tag system ( others too ) so that they are sure you use their ink. Its easy for them to say that its for the head warrenties and service contracts (ESP ) since they will void any head or ink related parts, not using approved inks.
Now that said remember that UV ink will cure to specific wavelentghs which every manufacturer will match ink formulation to the lamp properties some ink lamp combos will fail other will be fine.

Vutek will have to modify the firmwae to not read these rfid's ( which have been badly programmed since last year, many failures ) , doing so releases Vutek from any ink related errors such as clogging, aheasion, curing, etc. Also I think the free phone service would be limited to other questions.

short answer is yes its possible, long answer is not without strings.

We were swapping the chips in the bags to begin with but as those bags have now went out of date we have now changed the bios clock on our machine back 1 year so that we can continue printing,

ok

ok

really,... sometimes that causes the usb key to completely crap out. Good for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back