c6500 line through solid/picture

suess

Been fighting this issue for a while but have made do but its becoming a problem with some of our newer jobs.

Usually only occurs on larger stocks 11x17 12x18 and 13x19.
appears when there is a solid or picture in the document. From a distance you wont see it but upclose in correct light its very noticable.

If i re-rip the job it doesn't go away. If the rip rotates 180 its in the same spot (if there is a solid or picture). So I can line up the prints and see it. Does not affect white space, text or line art. If measure from the Operator side to the line its about 4.75in. and will stretch from the lead all the way across.

We have had a tech out for this prob and it seems to be a lot lighter than before but still not gone. When you open the M1-M3 door and pull out the unit over trays 1-3 then flip down M5 there are two rollers (we have replaced before) that look as if they have build up on the edges (my only guess) as if heat may have something to do with it but not sure. The dots from dot1/2 go into the line a tad but not enough.

Anyone ever experienced this issue with the 6500?

My apologies its 4.75 inch from the other side not operator..

Last edited:
is this a white line or a color line? does it come and go or is it constant all the way down the length of the paper?

Try cleaning the coronas. I had a similar issue and it may just take a blow on the coronas or clean the corona wire. My tech eventually printed solid sheets of each color (CMYK) to see which corona it was and he swapped it out.

Just had the coronas replaced and drums etc a few weeks ago along with some other prevent. maint. . when we look at the line through a loop the dots go into it but its almost as if its a white hairline..

all fixed now.. tech came and sucked out some stuff .. must have been some dust or random peice of garbage.. back to printing finally!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back