C75 is it worth buying for production???

buckeyewta

We are debating installing a new C75. I know a lot of people on here have them so was hoping for some feedback good or bad. Or volume is currently approx 40K per month and growing, We do a lot of saddle stitched books so the ability to print books on 100# cover is a major draw to the C75. We also looked at a Konica Minolta C1070 which appears similar to the C75. The 1070 had major streak issues when we looked at the one on their demo floor. The fact that Konica has a machine leaving streaks on their demo floor kinda threw up a red flag to me. The C75 is also a couple hundred per month less on the lease and almost a penny per click cheaper. Any input is welcome.

We are debating installing a new C75. I know a lot of people on here have them so was hoping for some feedback good or bad. Or volume is currently approx 40K per month and growing, We do a lot of saddle stitched books so the ability to print books on 100# cover is a major draw to the C75. We also looked at a Konica Minolta C1070 which appears similar to the C75. The 1070 had major streak issues when we looked at the one on their demo floor. The fact that Konica has a machine leaving streaks on their demo floor kinda threw up a red flag to me. The C75 is also a couple hundred per month less on the lease and almost a penny per click cheaper. Any input is welcome.

Judging by your possible increasing volume you want the J75. Its the C75 but faster.

We did a demo on the J75. The guys at Xerox say the C and J are the same machine. The only difference is the J will not slow down on heavy stocks. We do a decent amount of wedding invitations etc that are printed on heavy stock and are very color critical. The Xerox reps said the C will put our better color more consistently due to the fact that is does slow down on heavier stocks. To me color is more important than the speed. (we already have a 550 and a 242 so production is not a big issue)

We use it as a backup to our 800 and it is an excellent entry level production printer. Very reliable in our experience, being able to change the fuser/drums by the operator saves a lot of time compared to the KM's we have. I think it is well worth the price.

The J75 does slow down for heavier stocks, but there is a mode where it does not, but it can take a lot longer for the fuser to reach its temperature. We have a J75, it has been a fantastic machined or us (upgraded from a 260). The built in tools are great for skew and registration and density uniformity. I like the simple registration with the click of a button.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back