C8000, C7010VP, Ricoh901 users

kdonegan

Hello All
Looking for user feedback from users of these print engines. We are replacing our aging 6500's and I have been evaluating these models:
At first look, I thought the KM C8000 showed best quality but it was slowest.
12x18 100# cover duplexed i found:
KM C8000 = 13ppm
Canon 7010VP = 16ppm
Ricoh 901 = 19ppm

Any opinions welcomed from users please.
Thanks
Kevin

We have a C7010VP that was installed in late June. It has had problems from the start that are still unresolved. I would in no way recommend the Canon to anyone.

You can click on my name to the left <--------- and see all of my previous posts as to what we've been through with Canon.

Good luck in your purchase.

not sure who you are so must be a different Kevin.
When you bought the 7010 did you look at others? curious what was the deciding factor at the time?
thanks and good luck, hope your issues are resolved

Yes, we looked at the Xerox 800 and the KM 8000.
Price and click charges were our deciding factor. We have an Oce 6150 black and white machine so we were familiar with Oce. We leased the Canon 7010 from Oce for 3 years.

Both the KM and Xerox are great machines. We have a vendor who has a KM and they are very happy with it and there is a local insurance company who has an 800. They are pleased with it's performance.

BTW Oce has agree to replace our machine.

We have had our Ricoh 901 since January this year and after a learning curve on our part and Ikons part we are very pleased with the machine. The quality is consistent and reliablity is outstanding. At first there were a few issues with the machine that the Techs did not understand and it took some time to resolve, but, now the machine is working great. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone. We looked at Canon, Xerox and Minolta. After taking into consideration all the machines pros and cons we decided for our needs the Ricoh was the only way to go. We were right!

Hi Happy
What is your monthly volume? what is your most common type of work being produced? what did you have prior to the 901?
Thanks
Kevin

The Xerox 800 is very nice but more than 2x the cost of the other solutions we are looking at.
the 901,C8000 and Canon 7010 are all in the same ballpark.
Glad to hear they are replacing your device. Good Luck.
Years ago, we had Xerox replace an engine. think it was just a lemon.

We have 2 Ricoh C900s-bought 2 years ago. Good machines but there have been some fuser oil issues-resolved for now. Heavy coverage results in excessive oil on the sheet-especially when duplexing. Great front2back registration, great color detail. There are workarounds for the fuser oil. We do a lot of lamination so if you need some advice, ask.

We're planning to run these machines for several years.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back