Callout Plugin?

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

Within an InDesign file or PDF, I am looking for a plugin that would summarize page size, page count, and used colors and add the information right within the document (perhaps to a slug area)? In the past, I've seen plugins that also add callouts to objects on a page. The callout would be in the form of a line that points to an object and then at the other end of the line would be a box containing information about the object such as color.

Can someone point me to such a plugin?

Thanks,
pd

if you are using kodak-prinergy workflow … many text-variables in the offering … reproduced on media output … most of what you're asking about. another option might be a script … working within/beside indesign … of course, those may/mayn't fall apart with next major adobe update? if this interests you, the good ol' boys at indesignsecrets could point you in the right direction … some script-writers interact on a daily basis … even create a new topic custom-tailored to your needs.

ref: https://indesignsecrets.com/forum/general-indesign-topics

Hi everyone,

I've seen plugins that also add callouts to objects on a page. The callout would be in the form of a line that points to an object and then at the other end of the line would be a box containing information about the object such as color.

Can someone point me to such a plugin?

Thanks,
pd

Well there is ...

https://specctr.com/cloud/home

For PS, AI and InDD.

Sadly I think it now a subsrciption ($79 a year). It's worth a free trial to see if it do what you need.

Good to know. I have a guy who is pretty proficient with JavaScript/AppleScript and has developed several scripts for me in the past.

Best regards,
pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back